Connect Links Syllable Sort Task Cards are a fun and hands-on way to practice identifying the number of syllables in a word. Connecting the links together is a great way for children to develop their fine motor skills too. These cards can be used for literacy centers, morning tub work, or as an enrichment activity for early finishers.
The Connect Links Syllable Sort Task Cards Packet Includes:
This set includes 4 syllable cards (in 3 different styles) and 40 picture cards (10 pictures cards for each syllable card.) Plus, there is also an extra set of the picture cards with the names of the pictures.
Picture Cards Include:
- One Syllable: cat, box, pie, key, leaf, barn, heart, kite, snake, and dog
- Two Syllables: apple, igloo, doughnut, hanger, football, magnet, rocket, taco, lemon, and cactus
- Three Syllables: ladybug, elephant, dinosaur, hamburger, strawberry, umbrella, jellyfish, octopus, banana, and telescope
- Four Syllables: vegetables, librarian, helicopter, binoculars, pepperoni, watermelon, alligator, caterpillar, television, and rhinoceros
How To Use The Connect Links Syllable Sort Task Cards Packet:
- Print the cards on card stock
- Laminate for extra durability
- Cut the cards apart
- Punch a hole on the black dots
- Select a picture card
- Count the number of syllables in that word
- Connect the picture card to the syllable card using connect links (math links)
- Continue until all 10 cards are connected
For example, a student selects the football picture card and counts two syllables in the word “football.” Then, he or she connects the football picture card to the syllable card that says “Two Syllables,” “Two,” or “2.”
These Connect Links Beginning Sounds Task Cards are fun, hands-on literacy activity can be used as a center all year long.
You can purchase these Connect Links Syllable Sort Task Cards at our Teachers Pay Teachers Store. Click on the picture below to go to Teachers Pay Teachers: