Are you looking for a St. Patrick’s Day writing activity for your preschoolers? Grab these free printable Leprechaun Letter Writing Mats!
Writing activities like this one are a fun way for your beginning writers to not practice forming capital letters but also develop their fine motor skills.
Using these writing mats have several benefits. Every child learns differently, so if you can have a learning tool that caters to them, this is best!
Some of the benefits of using these writing mats include:
- An inexpensive learning tool – Saving money where you can is super important. These writing mays are an inexpensive learning tool that can help your kids learn how to write.
- Learning to hold a pencil – Writing mays can benefit your young learners because they are learning how to hold a pencil as they trace letters on the writing mats.
- Strengthening pencil grip– A big part of preschool is teaching children skills they will need in kindergarten. These writing mats encourage your kids to strengthen their pencil gripping skills as they trace the letters on the mat.
- Letter formation – One of the major benefits of using writing mats is it helps preschoolers learn more about letter formation. Your children can see the letter, trace the letter, and it’s a fun way to introduce them to writing the alphabet.
- Manipulatives – Another great benefit of using these writing mats is that you’re able to easily use manipulatives with them. Your preschoolers can use playdough to build the letters as they see them on the writing mat.
Since the writing mats can be reused, it helps your preschoolers to get repetition in their letter writing skills.
Plus, your kids are going to see the letter, trace the letter, and get familiar with the sound of the letter.
These are all important base skills for learning how to read in the future!
Getting Ready To Use The Leprechaun Letter Writing Mats:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure here.
- 26 Capital Letter Leprechaun Writing Mats
What Else Is Needed:
- White Card Stock or Copy Paper
- Laminating Pouches
- Dry Erase Marker
- Small Manipulatives (Mini Erasers, Plastic Gold Coins, Etc.)
To get this writing activity ready for your preschoolers and kindergarteners, fill out the form below.
Next, download and print the letter mats on white card stock or copy paper.
Then, laminate the printables so your kids or place them in dry erase pockets.
How To Use The Leprechaun Letter Writing Mats:
Your preschoolers and kindergarteners will be able to use these Leprechaun Letter Writing Mats in several ways.
- Extra practice – Letter mats are a great tool to introduce a new letter or for kids who need extra practice. They are seeing the letter on paper and they are able to practice writing it. You can use these letter writing mats as a follow-up learning tool.
- Sounding out – With a specific letter in front of your preschoolers, they are able to practice sounding out the letter. Your kids can use this activity by saying the letter and then practicing words that start with the letter. Choose your favorite letter song to go along with this activity, so your children can get extra practice in sounding letters out.
- Independent learning – These writing mat will help encourage independent learning which will help your young learners become more confident and motivated.
- Writing center – If you use centers in your teaching, these letter writing mats are a great option for centers. They are easy for preschoolers to understand what they are doing and how they should complete them.
These Leprechaun Letter Writing Mats are a great tool for getting your young writers off on the right foot!
More St. Patrick’s Day Literacy Activities:
If you need more St. Patrick’s Day-themed activities, try these fun, hands-on resources.
You May Also Like These St. Patrick’s Day Activities:
These St. Patrick’s Day Morning Tubs are fun, hands-on activities that your preschoolers or kindergarteners can use to learn and review concepts.
With these 5 literacy and 5 math activities, your students will work on letter recognition, beginning sounds, shapes, and much more!
Click on the picture to learn more about the resources included in this St. Patrick’s Day Morning Tubs bundle!
Download The Leprechaun Letter Writing Mats:
To download and print the Leprechaun Letter Writing Mats, fill out the form below.