Our ocean learning adventure continues today with this engaging and entertaining Ocean Play Dough Mat. It’s a fun way for your students to play, express their creativity, and develop their fine motor skills. This sea life activity would be a great addition to your Ocean or Animal units too.
How To Use The Ocean Play Dough Mat:
- Play Dough
- Mini Plastic Ocean Animals
- Mini Plastic Ocean Plants
- Pipe Cleaners
- Play Dough Tools
One of my favorite things about this ocean activity is that it is easy to set-up. Simply download and print the play dough mat on paper or card stock and begin playing. To reuse it, laminate or place the mat in a sheet protector.
Related Post: Ocean Picture Books To Learn About Sea Life
How To Play:
To play, your student can use the play dough to make ocean animals and plants. They can use the play dough tools to create different sea life shapes and textures too. Your students can then create an ocean scene on their mat by adding pipe cleaners, plastic ocean animals and plants, and seashells.
How To Use In The Classroom:
This Ocean Play Dough Mat is not only a fun way for children to play but there are many ways that you can use this in your learning activities too.
- After talking about the animals that live in the ocean, give your students several different types of mini plastic animals and tell them to put only the ones that live in the sea on their mats. This would be a great way to informally assess what your students have learned.
- Using the printable letter cards from the Ocean Writing Tray, have your students practice forming the letters of the alphabet using the play dough and placing them on the mat.
- After creating their ocean scenes, your students can write about the coral reef that they created and the animals that would live there.
This Ocean Play Dough Mat can be a fun addition to your Ocean unit or just a creative play activity that your students are sure to enjoy.
You May Also Like:
Are you looking for a fun way for your students to learn their letters? These Alphabet Play Dough Mats are an engaging and hands-on way for children to practice letter recognition and formation. This letter activity is perfect for morning tubs, literacy centers, or as an enrichment activity for early finishers. Click on the picture to learn more!