These Robot Beginning Sound Puzzles are a fun way for your kids to practice matching letters and initial sounds.
Independent reading activities like this one are great to use for literacy centers, morning tubs, or as an enrichment for early finishers.
Robot Beginning Sound Puzzles:
There are actually several many benefits to using puzzles in your classroom or homeschool including:
- Gets kids excited about sounding out letters – There is nothing more exciting than seeing a robot! For a lot of kids, these robot puzzles make learning fun. If you’re looking for a way to get your children excited about sounding out letters, print out these puzzles!
- Understanding the sounds of letters – A benefit of using this activity includes your kids learning and understanding the beginning sounds. Learning the sounds of letters is the tool they need to learn how to read.
- Making sound and letter connections – These puzzles are going to help your children learn to make sound and letter connections. They will see the letter and also learn the sounds.
- Exercising the left brain and right brain at the same time – Another benefit of using these puzzles is that your kids will get to use their entire brain while working on a puzzle and learning!
- Improves memory – Anytime your children are working on a puzzle, it means that they are improving their memory. So, this activitiy not only helps with letter and sound recognition but memory too!
Getting Ready To Use The Robot Beginning Sound Puzzles:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure here.
- 26 Robot Beginning Sound Puzzles
What Else Is Needed:
- White Card Stock
- Laminating Sheets
To prepare this initial sounds activity for your beginning readers, click on the button below and fill out the form.
Next, download and print the puzzles on white card stock. Then, laminate the printables and cut the puzzles apart.
How To Use The Robot Beginning Sound Puzzles:
Center activity – If you are teaching a class or a lesson with these sound puzzles, they work great as a center activity! This is a simple activity that your kids can use to learn their sounds and recognize the letters that make the sounds.
Hands-on approach – Some children just learn better with a hands-on activity. These beginning sound puzzles work great as an engaging and entertaining activity for kids learning how to read!
Alphabetical order – You can use these puzzles to help your kids learn about alphabetical order. Once all of the puzzles are put together, the child can line up the puzzles in sequence.
Independent learning – These sound puzzles are a great tool for kids that need a little extra practice on their own with learning sounds.
These Robot Beginning Sound Puzzles are a fun way for your preschoolers and kindergarteners to practice matching capital and lowercase letters and sounds together!
Pin It For Later:
Do you want to save this beginning sounds resource for later? Pin this to your reading activities board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready!
You May Also Like:
These Beginning Sounds Sort Activities are a fun hands-on way for your kids to practice identifying letter sounds at the beginning of a word.
This year of themed letter sound sorting resources are perfect for literacy centers, morning tubs, or as an enrichment for early finishers. Click on the picture to learn more about this bundle!