Are you looking to start the new school year off with a morning routine that will excite your students and get them ready for a day of learning? These Back to School Morning Tubs for Kindergarten are just what you need!
As they walk into your classroom, you kids can use these 20 hands-on kindergarten morning tubs independently to learn and review literacy and math concepts.
While they are working, you can greet students, take attendance, collect homework, answer questions, and everything else that you need to do in the morning to start the day.
Morning tubs allow you to have a soft start to the day which works especially great if your students arrive at different times in the morning.
They will be working on standard-aligned skills and concepts through these activities while eating breakfast and preparing for the school day.
10 Literacy Morning Tubs:
- Letter Search Activity – With this school supply-themed activity, your students will identify and find capital and lowercase letters.
- Letter Sorting Activity – In this activity, your kids will practice identifying and sorting capital and lowercase letters.
- Letter Order Activity – Your learners will work on identifying the missing letter from the sequence in this letter order activity.
- Letter Find Activity – This letter find activity is a fun way for your students to work on identifying letters and developing their visual discrimination skills.
- Letter Tracing Cards – With these school letter tracing cards, your kids can practice forming and tracing capital and lowercase letters.
- Rhyming Puzzles – These rhyming puzzles are a fun way for your students to practice identifying two pictures that rhyme.
- Beginning Sounds Clip Cards – With these beginning sounds clip cards, your learners will practice identifying beginning sounds and develop their fine motor skills.
- CVC Words Activity – Your students will practice reading CVC words as they match the pictures and words together in this school-themed activity.
- Color Word Activity – In this crayon-themed activity, your kids will work on identifying colors and color words.
- Vocabulary Words Activity – This school-themed vocabulary words activity is a hands-on way for your learners to practice identifying words and develop their fine motor skills.
10 Math Morning Tubs:
- Number Search Activity – With this school supply-themed number search activity, your students will identify and find numbers.
- Number Sense Puzzles – These crayon-shaped math puzzles are a fun way for your kids to work on number sense and subitizing skills.
- Number Order Activity – Your learners will work on identify the missing number from the sequence in this number order activity.
- Count & Link Activity – In this count and link activity, your students will not only practice counting but also work on developing their fine motor skills too.
- Counting Clip Cards – With these school-themed counting clip cards, your learners will practice counting and develop their fine motor skills too.
- Counting Towers Cards – Your students will use these counting towers cards to practice counting and work on developing their fine motor skills.
- Number Tracing Cards – With these number tracing cards, your kids can practice forming and tracing numbers from 0 to 10.
- Number Word Activity – In this bus-themed activity, your students will work on counting from 0 to 10 and reading number words.
- Color Matching Activity – Your kindergarteners will use these counting tower cards to practice counting and work on developing their fine motor skills.
- Play Dough Shape Cards – In this glue-themed activity, your kids will work on identifying and forming shapes.
- BONUS: Pattern Activity – In this pattern activity, your students will identify and finish creating the different patterns.
Why Teachers Love This Resource:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “What a great resource this has been! It’s been a life saver when it comes to early morning arrivals. My kiddos can go and get an activity on their own and are engaged until we’re ready for our group time. The graphics are fun and colorful. The activities are easy to understand.” – Stephanie
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “We use these as morning activities! My students love them and are so excited to get their hands on them. It makes introducing morning activities procedures so easy!” – Pam
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “My students were tired of our same old boring morning work type stuff. When they came in and found these on the tables they were so excited! They love Mondays now because they can’t wait to see what they have for the week.” – Shelly
These independent, interactive Back-to-School Morning Tubs for Kindergarten are a fun way to start the day and a great alternative to doing worksheets.
Your students will be engaged as soon as they walk in the door and allow them time in the morning to get ready for a productive day of learning.
Save For Later:
Do you want to save these kindergarten morning tubs activities for later? Pin this on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready!
More About Morning Tubs:
Get the Back to School Morning Tubs for Kindergarten:
Click on the picture below to learn more about the activities and get the resource: